technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

Forum Rules 

Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fame
rosch
Beitrag 20 Nov 2002, 17:54
Beitrag #1

Dienstmann

Gruppe: tb te@m
Mitglieds-Nr.: 5

Lords Club
Karlsplatz 1
1010 Wien

dj´s:

Marshall Jefferson/USA

Gregor Huhsovitz

Smoove

preis:

Ak 13,-
VVK @www.oe4.com 11,-

start:

22.00 Uhr
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
soundfreak
Beitrag 21 Nov 2002, 08:13
Beitrag #2

schlittnfohra!

Gruppe: tb admin
Mitglieds-Nr.: 85

Marshall Jefferson/USA - kenn ich gar nicht ...

werde beim event zwar net dabei sein, aber kann mir wer über den junge nein paar info's geben ???

+Quote Post
Chriskeepsdiggin...
Beitrag 21 Nov 2002, 09:09
Beitrag #3

It is what it is!

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 344

Marshall Jefferson kennen viele der jüngeren Generation nicht mehr. Aber es handelt sich bei ihm um einen der Originators des House from Chicago!!! Was da kommt ist wirklich schwerste Musikgeschichte, Leute die also mal eine lebende Legndeerleben wollen, sollten sich dies nicht entgehen lassen!!!

Vielleicht kennt ja noch jemand den Ohrwurm "Move your bodey, work you body..... we gotta play house............"

Hier ein interessantes Interview mit Marshall Jefferson:

The Marshall's in Town...

Lisa Jeffery Meets House Hero Marshall Jefferson.

Chicago House music maestro Marshall has been getting about a bit of late, he has graced the decks of many northern clubs including Stereo (Space, Leeds), Club Bar Non (Huddersfield) and Bed (Sheffield). Jefferson, now 41 is experienced on the music and clubbing scene and when I caught up with him at the Majestyk club (Leeds) he had all the airs of someone who has been doing this a very long time! A true professional, Marshall’s funky House set for ‘The Collective’ / ‘City of Industry’ evening showed the calibre of this American great.

Firstly, being a true veteran of the scene, I asked the chief of house whether DJ’ing today is not as good for him as ‘back in the day’ and during his heyday (the early 80’s), he shook his head replying, “It’s better now because you get paid more! And the DJ set now only lasts for one or two hours, whereas back in the day we played for ten or twelve hours, so you have to come on now and bang it out quickly”. So having been around the block several times I asked Marshall what is the piece of work he is most satisfied with from his entire repertoire? He replied promptly, “I am never satisfied!” Is it because you’re Virgo? I enquired glancing at the T-shirt he sported with a description of the perfectionist Virgo… “Yeah, I guess. I used to use the alias ‘Virgo’ (1985/86), but changed it to Marshall Jefferson when I became sober in 1986 and stopped getting smashed all the while! But if I had to name something I would say ‘Open Our Eyes’ by ‘The Crew’.

The Warehouse in Chicago was Marshall’s last regular residency and that was ten years ago! But this guy still gets to play all around the world - no worries, so does he have a favourite UK club to play at? “I used to think The End in London had the best sound system and so was the best club, but now there’s loads of clubs with the capability to rock the house, so I guess anywhere that can rock will rock if I play!”

Having been a true player for time I wondered what keeps Marshall going these days (having given up all vices), and how does he still get inspired? “Well every time I DJ out it inspires me, I get pumped and I’ve always got to keep moving… I stopped making music as a producer a long time ago because the scene is so ‘factory orientated’ and they always want to make you sound like someone else. I’ve always been an innovator and so instead of putting out something that sounds like someone else I would rather wait until things change a little…”

I have to wonder whether the industry will ever return to Marshall’s utopian vision of pioneering perfection, we may be waiting a while for his next single… I then asked Jefferson about his player preferences? Who does he think is a good and worthwhile DJ? “Me!” he quickly quips “Oh, and Norman…” - Norman Jay is also playing at this event alongside Marshall, another diamond geezer. That reminded me actually; when I asked Norman Jay what his message for the people was he told me, “Stay alive!” which I thought was inspired genius and a good starting point for us all! So did Marshall have a similar message for the people? He came back with equal and comparable wisdom stating that we should all, “Fly low and beat the radar!”

So can Jefferson dance and was he going to go and have boogie down with fellow veteran Norman? “Of course I can’t, I have DJ’s disease which means I couldn’t possibly” was his reply, (Never mind, I was only thinking it may help him overcome the radar?)

Marshall Jefferson’s Top 5 records that touched his soul and/or changed his life…
1. Led Zepplin - Kashmir
2. Yes - Close To The Edge
3. Queen - The Prophet Song
4. Black Sabbath - War Pigs
5. Deep Purple - This Time Around

ENDS.

Gefunden auf http://www.4clubbers.net

Und dann noch seine Geschichte:

Marshall Jefferson

One of the original innovators of Chicago house music, Marshall Jefferson is one of the few who can claim to be a true ‘godfather’ of the genre. In 1986 he played the piano on a house record, and the idea proved so innovative many record companies told him it wasn’t house music at all! That record was the platinum House Music Anthem.

His list of accomplishments in house music is rivalled by few. In 1987 he produced the first ever acid house record Acid Trax as well as creating the first ever house record incorporating soulful, spiritual vocals. This simultaneously launched the successful careers of Ten City, Kim Mazelle and CeCe Rogers. These songs were the early blueprints for the deep house, garage and techno music we know today, and each of them seemed to spawn a different genre of music.

In 1987 he brought his style of house across the Atlantic when he headlined the first ever house music tour of Europe. Since then the list of careers he has launched reads like a ‘who’s-who’ of dance music: Roy Davis Jnr, Felix Da Housecat, Lil Louis, Frankie Knuckles, Steve ‘Silk’ Hurley and countless others. Not including the influential role he’s played on thousands of producers and DJ’s work.

Hoffe ich konnte weiterhelfen!?

+Quote Post
Chriskeepsdiggin...
Beitrag 21 Nov 2002, 09:16
Beitrag #4

It is what it is!

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 344

So schaut er aus!
Angehängte Datei(en)
Angehängte Datei  mjefferson_1.jpg ( 5.34KB ) Anzahl der Downloads: 0

+Quote Post
soundfreak
Beitrag 21 Nov 2002, 09:29
Beitrag #5

schlittnfohra!

Gruppe: tb admin
Mitglieds-Nr.: 85

thx (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

werd mal mit meinen englischkenntnisen versuchen, doch a bissi was heraus zu lesen (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/tounge.gif)

+Quote Post
« Vorhergehendes Thema · Eventkalender - ARCHIV · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 26. June 2024 - 00:29

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: